Stars Wagon available in Desura on May 31st
Davis, Ca: On Monday 27th of April 2015, Amsgames, LLC received the notification from Bad Juju Games indicating that Stars Wagon has been approved for its publish in their platform, as result Stars Wagon will be available in Desura on May 31st. The company sent Stars Wagon “Standalone Edition” to revision the week of the 20th of April in hopes of its approval.
Stars Wagon “Standalone Edition” is the best edition of the game, which was released on mobile markets last month, because it provides a better game experience thanks to its controls, stable frame rate and new visual effects; the mobile counter part was hardly criticized for its touch controls, this edition solves this issue with the keyboard or a gamepad (supported) in replace of the touch joystick for a much better gameplay.
Here a detailed list of changes made in this edition of the game:
- More audio sound effects: More audio sound effects will be able to play during gameplay, these were limited on the mobile version.
- More particle effects: More particle effects will be shown during gameplay, these were limited on the mobile version.
- Bigger particle effects: Base color effects will show more particles with bigger explosions during gameplay, these were limited on the mobile version.
- Screen shake effect: Screen shake effect on enemy and player hit to provide a more immersive gameplay, this effect didn’t exist on the mobile version.
- Burst ignition effect: New effect will show when the ship bursts, this effect didn’t exist on the mobile version.
- Movement tray effect: New movement tray effect will show when the ship moves providing a more immersive gameplay, this effect didn’t exist on the mobile version.
- GUI changes: GUI changes to fit the platform experience.
- Gamepad support: Support for joysticks and gamepads, making easier and funner to play the game.
- Control customization: The option to select which key or gamepad button does what.
After researching on to which online platforms to opt to for the game’s release, Amsgames decided to launch this edition in Desura first at $2.99 (USD), because the platform is robust and has great approach for indie games; although the game still has an on-going campaign on Steam’s greenlight and may be released in other online stores later.
As part of the promotion campaign planned until the game’s release in the platform, the company has planned a set of “Let’s Play” sessions with live developer commentaries on Twitch, the schedule of these streamings will be announced during this week.